Thought I should write a little on my preparation for GMAT.

I am sure no one would ever have had such a strange and sweet experience with the GMAT.

Having just graduated, I aspired to attend a Bschool as quickly as possible and attempted at India's most demanding entrance exam: CAT 2005 was a huge flop. Decided to pursue a comprehensive preparation and gave my best shot, the following year. Had joined the test batch series from T.I.M.E and Career Launcher.

I understood that both GMAT and CAT were similar in terms of preparation, despite dissimilarities in their patterns. This encouraged me to schedule a GMAT appointment for December, immediately after CAT. Believe it or not, it worked extremely well. I gave no additional efforts, except for understanding the structure and basic patterns in the exam. Princeton review for GMAT is the book that I referenced for both GMAT and CAT. No official guide; No JJs; No 1000 SC/RC/CRs!!!

Anyway, managed a score of 730. Final Score: 730/VA: 39/QA: 50/AWA: 4.0

The ideal approach for beginners would be to start with reading experiences of previous GMAT takers posted in pagalguy.com. Not everyone gets to follow the same strategy, I would recommend to adopt one strategy that best fits in your abilities.

Feel free to review The Communique that I collected whilst preparing for the CAT.

Currently, I am in the processes of sending applications to various schools for the fall 2008 cohort.

Wishing good luck for all future aspirants!!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home