Ivey MBA is a fast paced programme and quite often students learn 15 cases a week. Previous business experience certainly helps in such an environment where a great deal of reading is required. Having spoken to some current students, I have understood that students like me, with no previous business exposure (especially those from an IT background) had to ensure additional efforts to perform well in the case method. Further, my immediate career objectives after MBA (top five Management Consulting firms) would realistic only if I could manage among the top 10% of the class. Honestly, I don’t know if I would be able to achieve that, but at least, I must be prepared to face such challenges ahead. Given that I have more than a year’s time before I start my MBA, thought I had to invest my time in learning business fundamentals.

I’ve added a section Learning, Pre MBA on my personal wikispace where I shall archive my learning.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home